Police: Hudson Valley Home Health Aide Sold Elderly Patient’s Meds
A home health aide from the Hudson Valley is accused of stealing an elderly patient’s medication and selling the stolen drugs.
On Thursday, members of URGENT arrested 30-year-old Jaquan R. Dean of Poughkeepsie and 40-year-old Dominick W. Yonta of Kingston following an investigation into diverted pharmaceutical sales in New Paltz.
The Town of New Paltz Police Department notified URGENT after they received complaints of someone selling diverted pharmaceuticals in an apartment complex.
Through a joint investigation with the Town of New Paltz Police Department, it was discovered that one of the men was a home health aide who was stealing an elderly patient’s medication and selling it for profit, police say.
URGENT arrested Jaquan Dean and Dominick Yanta after a buy-bust operation in the apartment complex, officials say.
Police allegedly recovered imitation narcotics purported to be diverted pharmaceuticals packaged for sale.
Both were charged with attempted sale of a controlled substance, conspiracy, felonies, and possession of an imitation controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
Dean was also charged with criminal solicitation and petit larceny, misdemeanors. Yanta also received a misdemeanor charge for criminal facilitation.
Both were sent to Ulster County Jail in lieu of bail.
- Have You Seen This Wanted Hudson Valley 'Sexual Predator'?
- All Hudson Valley IHOPs Are Changing Its Name
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- 28 Animals Killed in Hudson Valley Fire, Help Needed
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Sex Trafficking Happening in Hudson Valley at 'Alarming Rates'
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident