NYSP: Teen Crashes Car While Driving Drunk With Child in Car
A teen from the Hudson Valley is facing felony charges after he allegedly crashed his car drunk while driving with a child.
On Saturday around 9:30 p.m., New York State Police from the Dover Plains barracks were dispatched to Halls Corners Road in the town of Dover for a property damage motor vehicle crash.
An investigation determined that the driver, a 17-year-old man from Dover, was driving drunk with a child under the age of 16 in the car, police say.
The 17-year-old was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child less than 16 in the vehicle, a class E felony.
The driver was taken to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital and issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of Dover Court on May 14. No other injuries were reported.
- Hudson Valley Biker Killed in Route 9W Crash
- More of New York Exposed to 'Very Contagious Disease'
- It Snowed in Many Parts of the Hudson Valley Yesterday
- Child Attacked by Coyote at Hudson Valley Park
- Man Sexually Abused Wife's Granddaughter in Hudson Valley
- 3-Time Cop Killer Released From Hudson Valley Prison
- Reward Offered After Fire at Old Hudson River Psychiatric Center
- Police: Four Arrested After Fatal Overdose in Dutchess County