NYSP: Orange County Man Arrested After Chase in Stolen Mercedes
An Orange County man is accused of leading police on a wild chase in a stolen Mercedes.
New York State Police from the Cortlandt barracks arrested Simeon A. Sanders, 20, of Middletown for criminal possession of stolen property, reckless endangerment, both class D felonies, unlawful fleeing of an officer in a motor vehicle, criminal possession of marijuana, obstruction of governmental administration and aggravated unlicensed operation, all misdemeanors.
Troopers attempted to conduct a traffic stop of a 2015 Mercedes-Benz ML350 on East Main Street in the town of Cortlandt after being told the vehicle was stolen and in the area.
Sanders is accused of fleeing police. The pursuit ended near 1821 East Main Street due to a ruptured tire, police say.
At the end of the chase, the Mercedes-Benz struck a marked State Police vehicle at a low speed and Sanders then fled on foot, officials say. Sanders was arrested after a brief foot pursuit.
He was allegedly in possession of 3.2 ounces of marijuana. Sanders was remanded to the Westchester County Jail in lieu of $1,000 cash bail or secure bond.
- Bomb Scare Forces Evacuation of School Concert in Hudson Valley
- Lower Hudson Valley Restaurant Exposed Diners To Hepatitis
- Jeopardy! Champion Offered Job in Hudson Valley
- Record Number of Fake IDs Seized in New York
- 'Deadly' Drug-Resistant Superbug Spreading Rapidly in New York
- Hudson Valley Drinking Water Contaminated With Chemicals
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York