Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Stealing from Walmart
A local woman is accused of stealing a number of items from a local Walmart.
Alexandra Schimmel, 26, of Greenfield Park was charged with grand larceny, a felony, petit larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, misdemeanors.
Deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office were investigating several larcenies from the Walmart Shopping Center in Napanoch. On Wednesday, Schimmel's vehicle was stopped based off information developed during the investigation.
Several reported stolen items were allegedly found in the car.
Schimmel was arraigned in the Village of Ellenville Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 secured bond.
- Remains of Missing Hudson Valley Sailor Found
- Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Vehicle, Skeletal Remains Found
- 'Walking Dead' Stars Enjoy Eclipse, Bike Ride In Hudson Valley
- New Hudson Valley Scam Involves Your Children
- Man Killed While Biking In the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley