Hudson Valley Rehabilitation Specialist Sexually Abused Two Young Teens, Police Say
A Hudson Valley rehabilitation specialist is accused of sexually abusing two young teen boys he cared for. Police believe more victims are possible.
According to the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office, Tashawn D. Miles, 26, of Red Hook has worked as a rehabilitation specialist for an organization that provides support services for adolescents with developmental disabilities. During the past several months, Miles would visit a number of people assigned to him at their homes.
Miles is accused of sexually assaulting two early-teenage boys during his work visits. One of the victims has developmental disabilities, the other does not, police say.
The alleged sexual assaults happened in the Town of Clinton and Red Hook.
On Wednesday, Miles was charged with predatory sexual assault against a child and criminal sexual act, both felonies.
Miles was arraigned before the Village of Red Hook Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail without bail.
The police investigation is ongoing and authorities believe there could be more victims.
Anyone with information about these cases or similar incidents involving Miles should
contact the Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (845) 486-3820 and ask for Detective Franceschi or Detective Harris. Anyone with information may also contact the Sheriff’s Office tipline at (845) 605-2583 or at email@example.com. All information will be kept confidential.
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested After Dog Shot To Death
- Hudson Valley Morning Show Radio Host Accused of Running Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping Child
- ‘Prehistoric’ Fish Washes Ashore In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Child Porn, Stealing From Business, Day Before Birthday
- Should The Hudson Valley Worry About Hurricane Irma?
- 'Armed and Dangerous’ Attempted Murder Suspect On the Run in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley