Hudson Valley Child Molester Jailed
A Hudson Valley man who admitted he molested a child on a number of occasions was sentenced.
On Friday in Ulster County Court, 36-year-old Gilberto Ballester-Perez of Accord was sentenced to seven years in prison with 10 years post-release supervision.
In Oct., just minutes before jury selection was to begin for his trial, Ballester-Perez pleaded guilty to sexual conduct against a child, a violent felony.
Ballester-Perez admitted that between July 1, 2016, and December 15, 2016, he engaged in two or more acts of sexual conduct with a child younger than 11.
Ballester-Perez was arrested on December 13, 2016, following an investigation by the Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center.
- Police: Man Sets Himself on Fire at Hudson Valley Gas Station
- Rare Wolf Coyote Hybrid Spotted in Hudson Valley
- All Hudson Valley Wal-Mart Stores Are Changing Its Name
- Hudson Valley Father Accused of Shooting Child
- Hudson Valley Family Needs Help After Fire Kills Child, Mother
- Police: Hudson Valley Babysitter Used Child to Help in Burglary
- Beware of Hudson Valley ‘Porch Pirates”
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley