Funeral Set For Hudson Valley Fire Captain
A wake and funeral is scheduled for the 28-year-old Hudson Valley fire department captain who was killed in a crash on his way to work.
Justin Scharschu, 28, of Tillson was killed Monday morning when his 2015 Ford F350 hit or was hit by a tree that fell one Route 32 near Dewitt Mills Road in the Town of Ulster, police say.
According to his obituary, Justin was a seven year member at the Tillson Volunteer Fire Department. He’s served the past two years as captain. Justin held many fire training certifications and also was the training officer for the department.
He worked as a foreman for Precision Concrete Structures in West Hurley and loved the outdoors, especially golfing, fishing, camping, hunting and riding his quad or motorcycle.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. on Friday at the George J. Moylan Funeral Home on Route 32 in Rosendale. Calling hours at the funeral home will be on Thursday 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent to the Tillson Fire Department, PO Box 214, Tillson, NY 12486, or to a local fire department of your choice.
- Teen Hit By Car Crossing Street Near Local School
- Have You Seen This Man Who Is Wanted For Trying To Rape a Hudson Valley Woman?
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child, Other Victims Possible
- DOH: Hudson Valley Doctor Infected Patients With Hepatitis
- Poisonous Caterpillar Found in New York
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley