Fatal Accident Involving School Bus in Sullivan County
The school bus did not have any children on board at the time of the accident.
On Monday September 16, at approximately 7:45 a.m., the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Patrol responded to a 911 call of a motor vehicle accident involving a school bus on State Route 52 at the Liberty/Fallsburg town line.
At the scene deputies found that a 2007 Lincoln MKX that had been traveling westbound when it crossed the double yellow line and struck a school bus which was going in the opposite direction.
The driver of the MKX was killed in the impact and pronounced dead at the scene by Sullivan County Coroner Albee Bachman, The school bus, which is owned Rolling V. Bus Corporation of Liberty, N.Y., had just dropped off all of its passengers in Liberty and was heading to South Fallsburg.
The driver, who was the sole occupant of the bus, suffered a minor injury to his left shoulder and was taken by Mobile Medic Ambulance to Catskill Regional Medical Center in Harris.
The Loch Sheldrake Fire Department, Liberty Fire Police, NYS DOT, and state troopers assisted at the scene.
The name of the deceased is being held pending notification of next of kin
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie