Elderly Hudson Valley Man Hit by Car While Crossing Street
An 85-year-old Hudson Valley man is in critical condition after he was hit by a car while crossing the street.
On Sunday around 6:50 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call reporting a car vs. pedestrian accident in the area of 2053 Route 32 in the Town of Rosendale.
A 1994 Toyota Corolla driven by 50-year-old Gordon Brooks of New Paltz was traveling south on Route 32 when he swerved and hit an 85-year-old man who was crossing the road.
The 85-year-old man, Marvin Weiss of Rosendale, was walking in an unlit area of Route 32 where the speed limit in 55 miles per hour. Brooks didn’t see Weiss in time to avoid the accident, police say.
Weiss was airlifted to Albany Medical Center where he remains in critical condition.
- High-Risk Virginia Sex Offender Now Living Near Hudson Valley School, Nursery
- Man Wanted in Illinois Accused of Killing Hudson Valley Woman
- Beacon Woman Killed In Two-Car Crash
- Upper Hudson Valley Man Killed in 1-Car Crash
- Police: 14 Arrested For Selling Heroin in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley