Dutchess County Man Arrested For Assault
An investigation at a local hospital led to the arrest of a Dutchess County man for hitting a victim in the face, causing a serious injury.
On Monday, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie arrested 24-year-old Shane M. Baker of Stanfordville for assault, a class D felony.
Around 7 p.m. that evening, troopers were dispatched to Vassar Brothers Hospital for an alleged assault that occurred in the Town of Clinton. An investigation revealed that during the dispute Baker struck the victim in the face, causing serious physical injury, police say.
Baker was arraigned in the Town of Clinton Court and released on his own recognizance. He is due to return to Clinton Court on May 4.
- Hudson Valley Man Who Had Sex With Child asks for ‘Forgiveness’ Before Sentencing
- ‘Legoland Burger’ Causing Controversy In the Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Car Crash
- Update: Fire Kills Hudson Valley Father and Son
- Hudson Valley Contractor Sentenced For Defrauding Local Church, Homeowners
Awful grades for local hospitals, tragedies, and a police standoff tops this week in Hudson Valley news.