Confirmed Earthquake Felt in Dutchess County
An Earthquake was confirmed in Dutchess County this week. Did you feel it?
A 1.3 magnitude earthquake happened around 6:35 p.m. Monday in Dutchess County. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the epicenter of the quake was about a mile northwest from Holmes.
Other areas near the epicenter:
• 2.5 miles West of Pawling
• 14.5 miles Northwest of Danbury, CT
• 16.5 miles East of Beacon
• 17.2 miles Northeast of Jefferson Valley- Yorktown
A number of Dutchess County residents reported feeling the earthquake to the U.S. Geological Survey. Did you feel it? Let us know in the comment section below or on our Facebook page.
- Jackie Kennedy Onassis Spent Formative Years In the Hudson Valley
- Fire In Orange County Leaves 6 Families Homeless
- Dutchess County Man Accused Of Selling Fake Michael Kors, OtterBox
- Police: Two Teens Burglarized A Number Of Hudson Valley Homes
- Oil Spill In Orange County Leads to Water Testing
Firefighters cut the roof of a building where a fire spread at Hudson Terrace in the City of Poughkeepsie.