4 Arrested For Marijuana Possession, More in Dutchess County
Four people were arrested after police say they were driving around Dutchess County with marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine.
On Sunday, New York State Police from the Wappinger barracks arrested 36-year-old Luis A. Real Paez and 35-year-old Jonathan Vazquez, both of New Jersey, for criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony. Paez was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and unlicensed operation.
Around 2:40 a.m., troopers conducted a vehicle and traffic stop of a 2002 Chevrolet van on Route 376 in Wappinger.
During the stop a strong odor of marijuana was detected coming from the vehicle, police say. A further investigation allegedly revealed approximately 3.5 grams of marijuana and approximately 1.25 grams of ecstasy.
On Saturday, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie noticed a 2017 Dodge Ram pickup truck traveling at alleged high speeds on the Taconic State Parkway in Pleasant Valley.
During the traffic stop, police say they smelled marijuana. Michael Morea, 39, admitted to possessing marijuana in the vehicle and further investigation revealed cocaine in the car, police say.
Michael Morea and 32-year-old Samantha Morea, both from Long Island, were both charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony. Michael was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana.
All were remanded to Dutchess County Jail.
- L.A. Sex Offender Moves to the Hudson Valley
- Julia Roberts Continues To Be Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- 6 Hudson Valley Residents Saved From Scary Ice Jam
- Wanted Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested
- Help Needed After Dog Found Abused in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Hit By 2 Cars While Walking
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Woman Killed in Fire At Hudson Valley Group Home
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Convinced Minors to Send Nude Photos
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley