Teen Fatally Shot In the Hudson Valley, Police Seek Answers
Local police are hoping for help after a teen was gunned down in the streets.
On Thursday around 11 p.m., the City of Middletown Police Department responded to the area of 17 Wallkill Avenue for a report of shots fired, with a person possibly struck by the gunfire.
Arriving officers were told by witnesses that a man was taken to a hospital in a private car.
Officers responded to Orange Regional Medical Center and met up with New York State Police who confirmed that a man arrived at the hospital was being treated in the emergency room.
Despite life saving measures, the 19-year-old was pronounced dead. The victim’s identity will be held pending notification of family members, police say.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the Middletown Police Department at (845) 343-3151. All calls and tips will be kept confidential.
At this time, the case is being investigated by the Middletown Police Department, with assistance from the New York State Police Major Crime Unit and the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested, Living Near Popular Spot
- Hudson Valley Man Who Caused Fatal Accident Was High on Heroin Laced With Fentanyl
- Another Animal Tests Positive For Rabies in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Drives Car Through Building
- Hudson Valley Poll: More Americans Than Ever Disapprove of President Trump