‘State-Of-The-Art’ School Being Built in the Hudson Valley
A state-of-the-art school is coming to the Hudson Valley.
Dutchess Community College will open what's described as a "state-of-the-art" satellite site in fall 2020, at the intersection of Route 9 and Interstate 84 in Fishkill. The new 47,000 square foot facility will be located in the JW Mays building that once served as an anchor for the Dutchess Mall.
College officials analyzed the college’s 10-year academic and master planning process which indicated relocating DCC South from Myers Corners Road in Wappingers Falls to the heavily traveled Fishkill crossroads would better accommodate the needs of those who live and work in southern Dutchess and Putnam counties.
“Faculty, staff and I share with our board of trustees and county leaders a commitment to increase local access to public higher education,” Dutchess Community CollegePresident Pamela Edington said. “The new facilities, academic offerings and convenient location in Fishkill will better serve those currently attending classes at our 30-year-old Wappingers site, while expanding opportunities for others previously unable to take advantage of a DCC education.”
The new facility also will be 25% larger than the current space, designed to foster teacher and learning innovation and offer ample parking, officials say.
The new Dutchess Community College South campus will occupy most of the top floor of the two-story building with 18 technologically advanced classrooms; biology, physical sciences and computer laboratories; library facilities; student services offices; study areas and a lounge.
Courses currently available at the Wappingers Falls location, as well as new classes and programs that align with regional workforce development initiatives, will be offered, officials say.
Classes will begin in August 2020, with registration set to open in March.
- A Castle From the Hudson Valley is Getting Worldwide Attention
- ICE Raids Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Movie Starring De Niro, Pacino Filmed All Over The Hudson Valley
- Cop Found Dead in Lower Hudson Valley Home
- Police: Expect Massive Traffic Delays Due to Woodstock Festival
- Eatery With '#1 Cheesesteak in The World' Closes in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Run Over By Car While Trying to Cross Highway
- Hudson Valley Judge Resigns After Divorce Conflict of Interest
- 'State-Of-The-Art Supermarket' Being Built in Hudson Valley
- Have You Seen This Hudson Valley Man?