Snow Will Likely Lead to Messy Evening Commute, Icy Morning
Snow is expected to start falling in the Hudson Valley this afternoon which could lead to a messy drive home.
Snow is expected to start falling in the area from Southwest to Northeast between noon and 3 p.m., according to Hudson Valley Weather. Snow changes to sleet after 5 p.m. and then freezing rain between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. The wintery mix should taper off between 11 p.m. or the early Thursday morning hours.
"The snow doesn’t appear likely to fall heavily in the early afternoon. In some storms, it goes from cloudy to heavy snow in a short amount of time. This storm seems likely to start as light snow for several hours, in part because of the weakening of this system as it arrives. So by the time the PM commute arrives… a general 1 to 3 inches of snow are expected," Hudson Valley Weather wrote on its website.
As of this writing, Hudson Valley Weather and the National Weather Service are both predicting 1 to 3 inches for snow for the Hudson Valley. The upper parts of the region and Catskills should see a coating to 2 inches.
The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Advisory for all of the Hudson Valley from Wednesday afternoon until Thursday morning. Snow totals are expected to be higher the closer you get to the New York-New Jersey border.
Snow-covered and icy roads are expected for the Wednesday evening commute, with icy travel possible Thursday morning for all of the area.
"This is by no means a significant winter storm. But it’s enough that we have to deal with it, because the 6 to 8 hours of sleet and light freezing rain that are expected could cause travel troubles Wednesday night," Hudson Valley Weather said.
Many schools already decided to have dismissal. CLICK HERE for more information about local closings and delays.
- Snow Will Likely Lead to Messy Evening Commute, Icy Morning
- SUNY New Paltz Hall of Famer Killed in Florida
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Hid in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison
- Reward Offered to Help Find Local Couple Accused of Killing Dogs