Police: Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Arrested
An alleged heroin dealer in the Hudson Valley was arrested following an undercover operation.
Richard McInturff, 28, of Port Jervis was charged with three felony counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell.
The arrest comes after a month-long investigation into heroin sales in the area of Jersey Avenue in Port Jervis, police say.
The arrest is the result of an undercover surveillance operation on Jersey Avenue where McInturff was allegedly found in possession of ten individual packets containing a mixture of heroin and fentanyl with the intent to sell.
Police continued their investigation and executed a court-ordered search warrant at McInturff's home and found 170 packets containing a mixture of heroin and fentanyl, packaging materials and a quantity of United States currency, police say.
The Port Jervis man was remanded to Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail pending Grand Jury evaluation.
- 'Dangerous Snow Squall' Will Impact Hudson Valley Evening Commute
- Deadly Polar Vortex is Making its Way to New York
- New York Passes Historic 'Common Sense' Gun Control Laws
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Admits to Sexually Abusing Child
- MGM Set To Open Huge Casino in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Drive-by Shooting, 4 Arrested
- Two Raped and Sexual Assaulted Teen in Hudson Valley
- Road Collapses in Hudson Valley