Police: Ex-Hudson Valley Gymnastics Coach Sexually Abused Kids
A former Hudson Valley gymnastics coach is accused of sexually abusing children for 13 years. More victims are possible.
On Wednesday, Ramapo Police arrested 67-year-old Joseph Lewin of Port Chester for five counts of sexual conduct against a child and sexual abuse, all felonies.
Lewin, a former Rockland County gymnastics coach, is accused of sexually abusing victims all under the age of 13 between 2001 and 2014.
The alleged sexual abuse happened at The Gym, also known as Joe's Gym, on Route 59 in the Village of Hillburn and The Gym on Suffern Place in the Village of Suffern. Lewin, who formerly was known as Joseph Lewandoski, owned both gyms, police say.
He was remanded to the Rockland County Jail on $10,000 bail. He has since posted bail and has been released from the Rockland County Jail, police say.
Authorities believe there could be more victims. Any victims are urged to contact Ramapo police at (845)357-2400.
- Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Spreads to Newark Airport
- Update: Teacher Found Dead in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- High-Risk Sex Offender Found Hiding in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Hudson Valley City One of the Most Dangerous in America
- 4 Hudson Valley Teens Arrested after Home Invasion