Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Woman Runs Over Drinking Buddy
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of driving drunk and driving over her drinking buddies's leg after dropping him off.
Recently, Saugerties police responded to Cottonwood Drive in the Town of Saugerties for a report of a pedestrian struck by an automobile.
An investigation established that 57-year-old Gloria Dee of Olivebridge hit 65-year-old Scott Steyer of Saugerties while reversing her 2014 Volkswagen Jetta from Steyer's driveway, police say.
According to Saugerties police, Dee and Steyer were drinking together and after Dee dropped Steyer off at his home she hit Steyer with her car as he went to check his mailbox.
The impact caused Steyer to fall to the ground and then Dee's car drove over Steyer's leg, breaking it, police say.
Steyer was treated taken to the Heath Alliance Broadway Campus in Kingston for treatment of a fractured leg. Dee was taken into custody for allegedly driving while under the influence of alcohol.
Dee was charged with vehicular assault, a felony, operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and operating a motor vehicle with a BAC over .08%, misdemeanors. She was remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail.
- Jeopardy! Causes Controversy in Hudson Valley Over Cuomo Bridge
- Once Again Confirmed Cases of Measles Skyrocket in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Bakery Goes Viral Over New Creation
- Firefighter With Hudson Valley Ties Killed in Afghanistan
- Hudson Valley Cop Hurt While Taking Knife Away From Student
- Police: Drunk Man Found in Hudson Valley With Kill List, Shotgun
- Hudson Valley Teen Disappears After Going to Local Bar
- Filming Will Close Congested Hudson Valley Road During Rush Hour