Orange County Man Charged With Rape
Following a lengthy investigation an Orange County man is in prison with a large bail over allegations of rape.
On Sunday, the New Windsor Police Department, with the assistance of the City of Newburgh Police Department, arrested 34-year-old Javier Alexander Vilchez Salazar of New Windsor for first-degree rape, a class B felony.
The arrest came after an over two month investigation by the Town of New Windsor Detective Division and the City of Newburgh Detective Division. Police didn’t go into more details about their investigation or the alleged rape.
Vilchez Salazar was remanded to Orange County Jail with bail set at $100,000 cash or bond.
- Police: Galleria Gunman Was With 2 Small Children, Woman
- High Risk Sex Offender Moves Closer to Hudson Valley High School
- Mother, Child Killed in Black Friday Hudson Valley Fire
- When Will the Hudson Valley See Its First Major Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Raping Teen
- Galleria at Crystal Run Evacuated, Reports of Shooter
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley