Orange County Employee Dies in County-Issued Car
An Orange County Health Department employee died in a county-issued car.
Orange County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a motor vehicle accident Wednesday morning at Route 17A near Durland Road in the Town of Goshen. Deputies observed a single motor vehicle, occupied only by the driver, collided with a tree.
For an unknown reason, Thomas Walter's county-issued vehicle went off the road and struck a tree, police say. Walter, 28, from Warwick was taken to Orange Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
He was employed by Orange County as a Public Health Technician. He began working for Orange County in 2017.
“We are all deeply saddened by Tom’s passing and my thoughts and prayers are with his family,” Orange County Executive Steven M. Neuhaus said Wednesday in a statement. “Today’s tragic accident shocked our community. Tom was a valued County employee and we mourn his passing.”
New York State Police were requested to the scene to investigate the cause of the accident. No immediate cause was available for the crash.
- Winter Weather Could Turn Hudson Valley Roads Into 'Skating Rink'
- 'Iconic' Mario M. Cuomo Bridge is Getting a Makeover
- Story of Hudson Valley Woman's Disappearance, Death Hits Netflix
- Culinary Honors Anthony Bourdain With Campus Memorial
- Hudson Valley City One of '50 Worst Cities to Live In' in U.S.
- Many Protest Drag Queen Story Hour in Hudson Valley
- 150 Acre Hudson Valley Farm With Equestrian Facility is For Sale