Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child Found Dead
A man with ties to the region who allegedly sexually abused a child at a local hotel was found dead.
Last week, New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie barracks arrested Eric J. Fenyes, 46, of Connecticut for criminal sex act , a felony.
An investigation determined Fenyes engaged in sexual conduct with a victim under 15 at a hotel in the town of Poughkeepsie in November of 2019, police say.
Fenyes was remanded o the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail, $50,000 secured bond or $75,000 partially secured bond. He posted bail and was scheduled to appear in Town of Poughkeepsie Court on Friday but died on Thursday, according to his obituary.
The Connecticut plumber was found dead from what's believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The gun used in his death was found and foul play isn't suspected, according to the Republican-American.
Fenyes got married last year at Immaculate Conception Church in Amenia. He'll be buried later this week in Amenia following a wake at Hufcut Funeral Home in Dover Plains.
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child Found Dead
- Mountain Lion Reportedly Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Under New Ownership, Major Renovations
- TSA: Woman Caught With Loaded Gun At Stewart Airport
- Historic Hudson Valley Drive-In Theatre Looking For New Owners
- Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournaments Coming to Hudson Valley
- New York College Students Held Coronavirus-Themed Party