Hudson Valley Man Confesses to Sexually Abusing Child
A Hudson Valley man admitted he sexually abused a child on more than one occasion.
On Monday in Orange County Court, 46-year-old Jacob Hogencamp of Wallkill pleaded guilty to sexual conduct against a child, a class B violent felony.
Hogencamp admitted that between Sept. 2013 and June 2014, he engaged in two or more acts of sexual conduct with a child who was under the age of 13.
Prior to his guilty plea, an investigation revealed Hogencamp engaged in an ongoing course of sexual conduct with a child less than 13-years-old, police say.
When Hogencamp was arrested in May, officials alleged he also attempted to sexually abuse a second victim younger than 17.
“Children are the most innocent and vulnerable of victims and anyone who uses them for their own sexual gratification deserves a lengthy state prison sentence,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “The disposition of this case ensures that this defendant will be unable to victimize any more children for at least fifteen years, and spares this victim the additional trauma of having to testify. I am hopeful that the survivor can now begin the process of dealing with the effects of this crime.”
As part of his plea deal, Hogencamp will be sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- Major Change Shocks Drivers on Palisades Parkway
- 1 Airlifted to Hospital After Hudson Valley School Bus Tips Over
- Hate Crimes Rapidly Rising In New York, Hudson Valley
- All of I-84 in the Hudson Valley to get New Exit Numbers
- Hudson Valley Man Killed At Work, Gunman On The Loose
- Remains of 24-Year-Old Found in Bag Outside Hudson Valley Bank
- Marist Graduate Makes NFL History
- 3 Hudson Valley Schools Named National Blue Ribbon Schools