Hudson Valley Gymnastics Coach Sexually Abused Kids
A Hudson Valley gymnastics coach admitted to sexually abusing a number of young children.
Joseph Lewin, 68, of Port Chester, admitted to all of the allegations in the indictment and ultimately pleaded guilty to course of sexual conduct against a child, a felony, according to the Rockland County District Attorny's office.
“As a youth coach, this defendant held a position of power over his students. He abused their trust and took advantage of his vulnerable victims. He has pled guilty, waived his right to appeal and will now be held accountable for the terrible crimes he committed. Such predatory conduct cannot go unpunished," District Attorney Kevin Gilleece said.
Lewin, a longtime gymnastics coach who owned and operated “Joe’s Gym” in Hillburn, admitted to engaging in sexual contact with the young victims between 2007 and 2014.
Lewin, who formerly was known as Joseph Lewandoski, was arrest in May of 2018 and accused of sexually abusing victims all under the age of 13 between 2001 and 2014.
The alleged sexual abuse happened at The Gym, also known as Joe's Gym, on Route 59 in the Village of Hillburn and The Gym on Suffern Place in the Village of Suffern. Lewin owned both gyms, police say.
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Bad Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Unwanted Bear Invades Popular Hudson Valley Playground
- Man Admits to Hit-And-Run That Killed Hudson Valley Mother of 3
- Hudson Valley Firefighter Burns Down Local Church
- Uber Driver Kidnaps Hudson Valley Woman, Allegedly Fondles her
- Hudson Valley Fire Chief Killed in NYC 'Didn't Know' Where He Was
- Hudson Valley Firefighter Killed by Local Ambulance
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Confesses to Fatal Hit-And-Run
- New Plant Will Produce Nearly 1,000 Hudson Valley Jobs
- Hudson Valley Bridge, Road Closed For Days During Rush Hour
- Cops Investigate Likely Child Abduction Attempt in Hudson Valley
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Family Left Homeless, Carless After Massive Fire