Beloved Former Hudson Valley Teacher Celebrates 110th Birthday
DIVISION OF HEALTH AND FAMILY SERVICES
A former teacher in the Hudson Valley turned 110.
On Monday Ruth (Siddons) Grant of Liberty celebrated her 110th birthday at her home at the Sullivan County-run Care Center at Sunset Lake.
“I love it!” she gasped as balloons and a cake was presented to her, according to a press release.
Grant who was born near Plattsburgh in 1909 has lived in Liberty for decades, according to a press release. The retired teacher is well-remembered for her many years of working in the Liberty Central School District.
“I loved teaching,” Grant said. “But I didn’t have a favorite subject. I liked them all!”
Grant worked in schools across the Hudson Valley and Long Island.
- Police Warn About 'Suicide Game' Targeting Young Children
- Timing of Today's Snowstorm in the Hudson Valley
- Man Indicted For Killing Pregnant Hudson Valley Mother of 6
- Beloved Former Hudson Valley Teacher Celebrates 110th Birthday
- Snow Expected to Fall in the Hudson Valley Wednesday, Thursday
- Tree Falls Onto House Injuring Child, Over 20,000 Lose Power
- Prostitution May Soon Be Legal in New York
- New Movie Theater Opens in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Mother Ran Over in Alleged Road-Rage Incident Saved Kids' Lives
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Sexually Abused Step-Daughter