‘Armed & Dangerous’ Man On The Run After Hospital Shooting
Police say an armed and dangerous man is on the loose after a shooting at a Hudson Valley hospital Friday morning.
New York State Police are investigating a shooting at Ellenville Regional Hospital that occurred on Friday around 1 a.m. Details weren't released about the shooting, but police say no one was injured.
Following the shooting, the suspect fled in a vehicle which was later found unoccupied on Lundy Lane in Napanoch.
Police identified the suspect as Joshua Stuart, who's in his early 40s. He was last seen wearing a flannel shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.
Stuart is believed to be armed and dangerous and should not be approached, police warn.
It's unclear if the shooting at Ellenville Hosptial is why the Ellenville Central School District canceled classes on Friday. However, schools were closed due to police activity in the area, schools officials say.
The hospital is 1.5 miles from Elleville High School, according to Google Maps.
Hudson Valley Post reached out to the Ellenville Police Department, a spokesperson said they can't comment on the police activity at this time.
If anyone sees a someone matching Stuart’s description, they are asked to contact SP Middletown 845-344-5300.
- NYDOH: Hudson Valley Resident Donated Blood With West Nile Virus
- 6-Time World Champion Opens Restaurant in Hudson Valley
- TV Director Used Spy Cam to Watch Teen Nanny in Bathroom
- Mom: Man Attempted to Lure Hudson Valley Children at Bus Stop
- Potentially Deadly West Nile Outbreak Hits Hudson Valley
- Have You Seen Any of These 7 Missing Hudson Valley Children?
- Acclaimed Show Starring A-Lister's Filmed in Hudson Valley
- National Guard Member Murdered by Ex, Hudson Valley Cop Shot
- Flights From Hudson Valley to Europe Drastically Reduced