4 Found Dead In Home Next To Lower Hudson Valley School
Two adults and two children were found dead in a Hudson Valley home, next to a school.
Police in Pleasantville found the dead bodies of two adults and two children inside the home on Romer Avenue while making a welfare check after children didn't report to school. Sources tell ABC, it appears the man killed his wife and two young children in a murder-suicide.
It's not clear how the victims died and their identities haven't been released, CBS reports.
Pleasantville High School is located on Romer Avenue. A winter concert was canceled due to the police investigation, according to ABC.
"Our hearts are broken due to the tragic loss of life that occurred in our community today -including the deaths of 2 children. It is important that we support our staff, students and families with a compassionate circle of care. Our schools will be open tomorrow and counseling services will be available for students and families," Pleasantville Superintendent Mary Fox-Alter said. "Please remember that this is an on-going investigation and there will be an increased police presence in the area."
- Police Investigate Threats at 2 Hudson Valley Schools
- Lower Hudson Valley School Cancels Musical Over Racism Concerns
- Rockefeller Christmas Tree From Hudson Valley To Be Lit Tonight
- Hudson Valley Man Killed During Winter Storm
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Saw Over 2 Feet of Snow
- Toys 'R' Us Opens First New Location Just Outside Hudson Valley
- NY Family Forced to Sell Farm After 240 Years, 7 Generations
- Father Dead, 3 Others Injured in Head-On Crash in Dutchess County
- Man in Critical Condition After Shooting at Senior Housing