A 32-year-old Orange County man lost his life following a fire in his home.

Town of Chester police identified 32-year-old Ryan Coyle as the man who died in a home fire last Saturday. At the time of the fire, Coyle was the only person inside the home on Bellvale Road in Chester.

The fire started on a mattress in the bedroom and is being ruled accidental, as the result of careless smoking, police say.

An autopsy conducted by the Orange County Medical Examiner’s office determined the cause of death to be smoke inhalation.

Coyle’s body was released to his family for funeral arrangements.

button href="http://hudsonvalleypost.com" title="Read More" align="center"]

Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley

More From Hudson Valley Post