$10,000 in Prizes to Be Awarded During Hudson Valley Coyote Hunt
Close to 1,000 hunters are expected to participate in a coyote hunt in the Hudson Valley with around $10,000 in prizes to be awarded.
The Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs of Sullivan County will hold its 13th Annual Federation 3-Day Coyote Hunt on Feb. 7-9. Last year, 652 hunters participated and registration is ahead this year, with officials expecting over 700 hunters, according to NYUP.
The contest is based at the White Sulphur Springs Fire House. During the contest, coyotes must be hunted in New York State as well as Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne, Lackawanna, Monroe and Tioga counties in Pennsylvania.
Grand prize, as well as second and third place, will be awarded to three separate hunters. The grand prize for the heaviest coyote will earn the hunter $2,000. Below is list of prizes available:
- $2,000 Grand Prize to the hunter with the heaviest coyote weighed in for the three-day hunt.
- $500 Second Place to the second heaviest coyote weighed in for the three-day hunt.
- $250 Third Place to the third heaviest coyote weighed in for the three-day hunt.
- $200 Daily Prize for the heaviest coyote weighed in on each of the three-day hunt.
- $100 Extra Prize to a Youth (12-15 years old) for the heaviest coyote of the three-day hunt.
- $100 Extra Prize to a Female Hunter for the heaviest coyote of the three-day hunt.
Registration is still be accepted. To register or for more information CLICK HERE.
Animal rights activists started a change.org petition in hopes of stopping all fox and coyote hunting tournaments.