When Does Strawberry Season Start In The Hudson Valley?
It''s almost fresh strawberry season in the Hudson Valley.
But these things take time to grow and I sometimes wonder when it'll be time to head out to pick those first strawberries from a local farm. Our friends from Dressel Farms in New Paltz took to social media to fill us in because they've received a number of inquiries already.
Of course, it's different for each Hudson Valley farm, but just so you get an idea they'll be kicking off Strawberry season on or around June 6th with their 'U-Pick' getting underway 7-10 days after that and dates are weather dependent.
So if you're curious when you're local farm will be ready to start selling those berries it might be a good idea to call ahead. But it'll be here before you know it.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center