Police: Hudson Valley Sonic Employee Stole over $10,000
An assistant manager at a Hudson Valley Sonic is accused of stealing over $10,000 from the restaurant.
On Monday, officers and detectives from the New Windsor Police Department responded to the Sonic Drive-In on Liner Road in the Town of New Windsor for an alleged employee theft.
The restaurant management reported that over $10,000 was missing from deposits over the last several months.
One of the restaurant managers was identified as a possible suspect.
On Tuesday, 42-year-old Melissa L. Kearns of Poughkeepsie was charged with grand larceny, a felony.
Kearns, an Assistant General Manager at Sonic for the last four years, admitted to stealing numerous deposits from the business over the last six months, police say.
Kearns was sent to Orange County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
- Rare, Potentially Dangerous Animal Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Police Seek Answers After Mysterious Death of Hudson Valley Man
- Popular Brand-New Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Who Raped Teens Moves Near High School
- Insane Photos Show Rollover Tractor-trailer on I-84
- 2 Charged With DWI After One-Car Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman ‘Left to Die by Ex’ Appears on Dr. Phil
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Lefts Dogs Outside Without Food, Water
- Hudson Valley Woman Wanted Again
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley