Police: Denver Man Tried to Kill 3 Hudson Valley Youths
A Denver man is accused of trying to kill three young people in Poughkeepsie.
On Wednesday around 3:45 p.m., the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department responded to the area of Innis Avenue near Arnold Road for a report of a man shooting at three juveniles.
Responding officers found the three who weren't hit by the gunfire, police say. Police didn't release their ages. A house was struck by a bullet, but no one in the house was injured.
A short time later the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department found the suspect's vehicle in the City of Poughkeepsie. Police were able to take the driver into custody and turn him over to the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
Justtin Haywood, 37, of Denver, CO. was charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon, felonies. He was sent to Dutchess County Jail without bail.
- West Point Cadet Tries to Bring Porn Star to Military Banquet
- Rumors Swirl About Louis C.K. Show in Hudson Valley
- New York Flag Could Change For First Time in 138 Years
- 14 Eateries the Hudson Valley Wants
- Black Bear Spotted Near Hudson Valley Home's Front Door
- Hudson Valley Woman Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Finalist
- 11 Sex Offenders Living in Hudson Valley Arrested
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park