Newburgh Man Arrested Following Investigation into Rape of Minor
A Newburgh man was charged with five counts of rape after an investigation into sexual intercourse with a minor in the Hudson Valley.
On Wednesday, the Saugerties Police Detective Division arrested 58-year-old Robert T. Bruno of Newburgh.
The arrest stems from an investigation conducted by a member of the Saugerties Police Department after a report was made regarding Bruno being accused of having sexual intercourse with a minor.
Bruno was charged with five counts of rape and criminal sex act, all felonies. Police didn't go into details about what led to the arrest.
Bruno was arraigned in the Village of Saugerties Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash $100,000. bond.
The Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center assisted the Saugerties Police in the investigation.
- Cabin Built For Mars Can Be Found in the Hudson Valley
- Popular Restaurant Returns to Hudson Valley, Is Hiring
- Law Could Ban Drivers From Driving in Left Lane Without Passing
- Blood-Sucking Leech With 3 Jaws, Nearly 60 Teeth Found in NY
- Retired Cop Now Makes Award-Winning Cheesecakes in Hudson Valley
- Afghanistan Veteran Dies at 'Watery Eden' in the Hudson Valley
- Officer Shot During 7-Hour Standoff With Barricaded Man
- Plane Lands, Starts Sinking Into Hudson Valley Lake
- Damaging Tornado Touches Down in New York On Labor Day
- 22 Accused of Welfare Fraud in Hudson Valley