Minivan Filled With Hudson Valley Passengers Crashes in CT
A severe crash near I-91 in Connecticut involved several people from our area.
The incident happened on Monday as many people were traveling home from a three day weekend on snow-covered roads. According to the Hartford Courant, the Charter Oak Bridge on Route 15 was closed for several hours and southbound traffic was halted near the exit to I-91.
A chain reaction sent several vehicles into each other, causing mayhem on the highway. According to reports, one vehicle rear-ended the car in front of it, sending that car into another. The third car was then forced into the next lane, hitting another vehicle.
In the end, one car wound up on its side and at least one other was completely destroyed. Seven people were sent to the hospital, including five people from Wappingers Falls who were riding in a Honda Odyssey minivan.
The person who was most injured in the crash was a 67-year-old woman from Greenwich, who police believe was responsible for the accident.
There is no update as to the current condition of the driver and passengers from Wappingers Falls.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie