Marine Admits Sexual Abusing a Sleeping Hudson Valley College Student
A U.S. Marine admitted to fondling a sleeping Hudson Valley college student.
On Friday, Lance Corporal Kevin Guerrero, 20, of the United States Marines stationed in New Windsor pleaded guilty to burglary and sexual abuse, both violent felony offenses.
On Sept. 4, 2016, Guerrero broke into three off-campus SUNY New Paltz student’s homes and attempted to sexually assault the female students while they were asleep.
One student told New Paltz police Guerrero sexually assaulted her as she slept. When the woman woke up, Guerrero fled.
The woman provided police with a description of Guerrero. New Paltz detectives soon learned there were two other incidents where a man who matched Guerrero’s description forced his way into nearby apartments. In both cases, the intruder was spotted by residents before any further crime was committed.
“The defendant’s behavior violated all expectations of safety, civility and privacy which our student population should enjoy, District Attorney Holley Carnright said.
Guerrero is scheduled to be sentenced on June 14.
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Beating Mother of Child ‘Like An Animal’
- Plane Goes Off Runway at Sky Acres
- Local Woman Accused Of Selling Government Issued Wood Pellets Over Internet
- Nearly Half Million Worth Of Weed Found Inside Hudson Valley Home, Police Say
- Teenage Parents Arrested For Allegedly Smoking Weed Near Infant Child
A shady dental worker, Daryl's House getting sued, and a stolen Porsche are part of this week's top 5 local stories.