Man Found Dead Behind Building In Hudson Valley
Police are now hoping for help after a man was found dead behind a building in the Hudson Valley from an apparent murder.
On Saturday around 8:30 a.m., a group of construction workers found a dead white man behind a building at 9 High Street in the village of Monticello.
Late Tuesday, Monticello police identified the man as 59-year-old Douglas Malone of Monticello. He sustained injuries consistent with stab wounds, police say.
Despite some rumors that circulation on social media, police believe the murder is an isolated incident.
“The disinformation circulating on social media is creating alarm and apprehension within the community,” the police department said in a press release. “There is no connection to any other missing persons or criminal cases in neighboring jurisdictions and there is no further or immediate concern for public safety at this time.”
Police are investigating the death as a homicide. Anyone with information is asked to call Monticello Police in confidence at 845-794-4422.
Monticello police are being assisted in this investigation by the New York State Police, Sullivan County Sheriff Office, and the Sullivan County District Attorney Office
- Alleged Walmart Masturbator Arrested For Filming Woman Changing, Police Say
- Second Person Accuses Dutchess County Lawyer of Sexual Touching
- Ulster County Man Was High, Drunk During Crash That Killed Passenger, Police Say
- Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Multiple Sex Crimes With Child
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kicked Out of Bar, Returns With Rifle
Wanted Hudson Valley sex offenders and a number of tragedies are among this week's top 5 local news stories.