Major Dutchess County Road Will Close For Several Hours Saturday
Police are advising travelers to steer clear of a major road closing planned for this Saturday.
Two factors are responsible for closing down a stretch of Route 9D in Wappingers Falls this weekend. The yearly St. Patrick's Day Parade will shut down a stretch of the busy road on Saturday, March 2. The parade begins at 1pm, but the road will be closed earlier for another event happening even before the parade steps off.
The Village of Wappingers have added a fun run to this year's parade festivities. The race will be following the parade route through the streets lined with people waiting to watch the parade. Runners are encouraged to wear costumes and compete for various prizes during the 1.4-mile run.
Because of both events, Route 9D will be closed between Middlebush Rd and Delavergne Ave starting at 12:30pm on Saturday and will only reopen after the parade ends. The parade can last a few hours, so you may want to prepare to use Route 9 in that stretch of Dutchess County throughout the afternoon.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie