Just How Low is Gov. Cuomo’s Favorability Rating?
Some may be surprised to see Gov. Andrew Cuomo's favorability rating.
Governor Andrew Cuomo’s favorability rating fell to 43 percent, according to a new Siena College poll of New York State registered voters.
“Now, for the first time ever, half of New Yorkers view Andrew Cuomo unfavorably. It’s his lowest favorability rating ever and his lowest-ever job performance as governor,” Siena College pollster Steven Greenberg said in a press release. “And it is a dramatic drop in both ratings from last month.
Cuomo's favorability rating was 51 percent in last month's Siena Poll. In February of 2011, his favorability was 77 percent, according to data in a press release.
“Politically, Cuomo’s ratings drop is across the board, as he fell with Democrats, Republicans and independents. Geographically, his drop was much bigger downstate – New York City and the suburbs – than upstate, where his ratings were significantly lower previously,” Greenberg said. “The 43 percent of voters who view Cuomo favorably matches exactly the 43 percent of voters who view the State Assembly favorably, and the State Senate.”
The poll also found that over half believe Democrats in Congress should not include President Trump’s border wall funding to avoid a second partial government shutdown. 70 percent believe Trump shouldn't declare a national emergency to fund the
Trump’s favorability rating was 35 percent, up from 32 percent last month, according to the Siena College Poll.
- SUNY New Paltz Student Accused of Killing Mother
- Arrest Made In Connection of Killing of Hudson Valley Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed Following School Shooting Threat Probe
- Just How Low is Gov. Cuomo's Favorability Rating?
- Presidential Candidate Weighs in on Where Upstate NY Starts
- Hudson Valley Superintendent Trending After School Closing Song
- Family of Mother Police Say Was Sexually Assaulted Could Use Help
- Crime is Dramatically Rising in These Hudson Valley Counties
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents