Hudson Valley Man Accused of Driving Drunk on 684 with Drugs, Weapons
A Hudson Valley man is accused of speeding drunk on I-684 while in possession of drugs and weapons.
On Sunday, New York State Police from Somers arrested 50-year-old Anthony Mathis of New Windsor for third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon, all felonies, and driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor.
Troopers were dispatched to Interstate 684 for a report of an erratic vehicle. Once on scene, troopers found the car allegedly traveling 15 miles per hour over the posted speed limit.
While interviewing Mathis, troopers determined that he was drunk and found approximately 61 grams of Oxycodone and four concealed daggers in his possession, police say.
Mathis was arraigned before the Town of North Castle Justice Court and remanded to the Westchester County Jail with no bail.
- E-Cigs Banned in All Hudson Valley Restaurants, Bars
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Drunk Twice in 24 Hour Period
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley