Hudson Valley Corrections Officer Accused of Raping Inmate
A former Hudson Valley corrections officer is accused of raping an inmate.
On Wednesday, Sullivan County District Attorney Jim Farrell announced a Sullivan County Grand Jury returned a 16-count indictment against Teeka Perkins, 44, of Monticello, alleging while working as a corrections officer she engaged in various sexual acts with an inmate at the Woodbourne Correctional Facility in Fallsburg from June of 2017 through July of 2018.
The indictment charges Perkins with seven counts of rape, criminal sexual act, felonies, and eight counts of official misconduct.
Under New York law an inmate confined in a state correctional facility is deemed incapable of consenting to sexual contact, officials say.
Perkins resigned her position as a Corrections Officer prior to the Grand Jury returning its indictment, according to Farrell.
Perkins was arrested after an investigation by the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, Office of Special Investigations, the New York State Police and the Sullivan County District Attorney's Office.
She faces up to 4 years in prison on each of the felony sex charges. She is free on $25,000.00 bail.
- Secret Mario Kart Race Track Is Coming to New York
- Woman Raised in Hudson Valley Blames Trump for 'Heart Attack'
- Man Accused of Groping Woman at Hudson Valley Walmart
- Unvaccinated Children Banned From These Hudson Valley Locations
- Hudson Valley Lakeside Castle Owned By Yankee Legend is For Sale
- Reward Increased To Find 'Armed and Dangerous' Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Man Dead, Woman Seriously Injured Following Crash
- SP: Grocery Store Worker Arrested For Bigoted Remarks To Coworker
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Found Hiding Near Schools
- Shoppers at Hudson Valley Target, Supermarket Exposed to Measles