Dutchess County Professor Accused Of Sexually Abusing Child
A Dutchess County teacher is in jail without bail over charges he sexually abused a child.
On Tuesday, New York State Police from Dover Plains arrested 64-year-old John W. Moran of Wassaic, for predatory sexual assault against a child, a felony.
On May 31, 2017, troopers were contacted by a former Wassaic woman who said that she was the victim of a sexual offense.
A subsequent investigation revealed that Moran had sexual contact with the woman, then a child under the age of 13, over several years at his Town of Amenia home, police say.
Moran was arraigned in the Town of Amenia Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail without bail.
A source told Hudson Valley Post that Moran is a professor in the Hudson Valley. According Moran’s personal LinkedIn and Facebook pages, he’s taught at Marist College and Dutchess Community College
The police investigation is ongoing. Anyone with additional information regarding Moran is asked to contact the State Police by calling (845) 677-7300. All calls can remain confidential.
- Oscar Nominated Actor Among 6 Guilty for Protesting at Orange County Power Plant
- ‘Dangerous’ Inmate Injures 4 Officers, 1 Hospitalized, 2 Concussed
- Dutchess County Sues Drug Companies For Opioid Addiction
- Man Found Dead Behind Building In Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kicked Out of Bar, Returns With Rifle
Wanted Hudson Valley sex offenders and a number of tragedies are among this week's top 5 local news stories.