41-Year-Old Bicyclist Fatally Hit By Car in Hudson Valley
A person riding a bike was fatally hit by a car near a Hudson Valley food mart.
On Monday around 6:35 p.m., a 2010 Honda driven by a 63-year-old from Poughkeepsie hit a 41-year-old bicyclist, also from Poughkeepsie, on Vassar Road near Dimpy's Food Mart, according to Town of Poughkeepsie police.
The bicyclist sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office, police say. The operator of the Honda did not sustain any injuries.
A portion of Vassar Road was closed while crash investigators processed the scene. The roadway was reopened to vehicular traffic on Tuesday after midnight.
The investigation is ongoing and the Town of Poughkeepsie Police ask anyone who may have witnessed the crash to contact the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department Traffic Enforcement Unit at 845-485-3680.
The Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department were assisted at the scene by members of the New York State Police, Arlington Fire District, and Mobile Life Support.
- Cheap Flights From The Hudson Valley to Europe Are Being Grounded
- Movie Starring De Niro, Pacino Filmed All Over The Hudson Valley
- Cop Found Dead in Lower Hudson Valley Home
- Police: Expect Massive Traffic Delays Due to Woodstock Festival
- Eatery With '#1 Cheesesteak in The World' Closes in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Run Over By Car While Trying to Cross Highway
- Hudson Valley Judge Resigns After Divorce Conflict of Interest
- Which Hudson Valley County Has The Most STDs?
- 'State-Of-The-Art Supermarket' Being Built in Hudson Valley
- The Hudson Valley School Districts With The Best Teachers
- Have You Seen This Hudson Valley Man?