US Marine Veteran Living In Hudson Valley Dies in Home Fire
A marine veteran living in the Hudson Valley died after a fire tore through his home.
On Monday around 3:30 a.m., deputies from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office responded to Post Road Trailer Park for a reported structure fire.
When the deputies arrived they observed a structure fully engulfed in flames. The North Highlands, Cold Spring, Garrison and Fishkill fire departments arrived and extinguished the fire.
The Putnam County Fire Investigation Team also responded. A deceased man, identified as Louis J. Weber 72, was found inside the home, officials say.
Police are still waiting for autopsy results but say Weber was the sole occupant of the home and his car was out in front. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The Cold Spring man was a proud veteran of the United States Marine Corps, according to his obituary. He was a financial advisor for Ameriprise Financial prior to his retirement.
- Longtime Hudson Valley Movie Theater is Closed
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Reopens After Filming of Movie
- Freezing Temperatures, Chance of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley
- Democrats Gain Nearly 11,000 Voters in Hudson Valley in Past Year
- Local Farm Owned by Granddaughter of 'The Wizard of Oz' Producer
- Man Fatally Shot at Hudson Valley Restaurant, Shooter At Large
- Hudson Valley Man Gunned Down Near School, Suspects on Run
- Hudson Valley Fire Department Board Member Charged With Murder
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Closed For Movie Filming
- Anti-White Supremacy Rally Held in Hudson Valley