At 7:30 Monday morning, the resident of 330 Mansion Street in Poughkeepsie called 911 to report a fire in the house.

Within minutes, Poughkeepsie firefighters arrived to find fire on all three floors of the house and very cramped space to work in.

A second alarm was sounded bringing additional firefighters from Arlington and Fairview to the scene for assistance. Roosevelt, Arlington, and Highland fire departments relocated to the city's 3 fire stations to handle any additional emergencies.

The fire was completely extinguished around 10 AM, and, according to Deputy Chief Decker, the cause was likely the result of an over-filled kerosene heater.

No firefighters or residents were injured as a result of the fire.

More From Hudson Valley Post