Police Investigate Murder-Suicide in Sullivan County
A woman was shot and killed in Sullivan County, the suspect fled the scene before turn the gun on himself.
At approximately 8:50 a.m., State Police Wurtsboro and Sullivan County Sheriff's Office responded to 286 Mount Vernon Road, Summitville, NY, Sullivan County, for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, troopers and deputies located a female outside of the residence deceased by multiple gunshot wounds.
She was later identified as Ashley Greene, age 33 of that residence where she resided with her mother.
The suspect was later identified as Richard S. Boniface, 70 of Ski Run Road, Town of Mamakating. Boniface fled Mount Vernon Road in an unknown direction in a black 2006 Ford F250 pick-up.
The vehicle was located in a wooded area of Roosa Gap Road in the town of Mamakating. A search involving Troopers, Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI), New York State Police Aviation and the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, the subject was found deceased 100 yards in the woods off of Roosa Gap Road with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie