Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Taxi Drunk
A Hudson Valley taxi driver is accused of driving his cab almost three times over the legal limit of intoxication in the local area.
Monticello police arrested 51-year-old Ernest Rosado Jr., of Monticello for aggravated driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, both misdemeanors, and a violation of the Village of Monticello code for not having a village issued hack license.
On Monday around 2:30 p.m., Monticello police received a report that a taxi was driving erratically in the Village of Monticello. Officers interviewed Rosado when he reported back to the Sureway Taxi office on Broadway and he was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
A chemical test given to Rosado at the Monticello Police Station allegedly showed that his blood alcohol level was .23%, almost three times over the legal limit of intoxication.
Rosado was also driving his taxi with a suspended New York State driver license and without a proper Village of Monticello issued hack license, police say.
Rosado was remanded to the Sullivan County Jail on $2,500 bail pending further court action.
button href="http://hudsonvalleypost.com" title="Read More" align="center"]
- Mosquitoes Carrying Paralyzing Virus Found in the Hudson Valley
- What’s The Most Redneck Place in the Hudson Valley?
- IG: Hudson Valley Aid For Disabled Billed State For Over $4,000 in Unearned Salary
- Mother Killed, 2 Injured When 2 Harley Davidsons Collide in Hudson Valley
- Teen, 26-Year-Old Killed in Early Morning Crash in Gardiner
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley