Orange County Woman Found Dead in Her Apartment, Police Say
An Orange County woman was found dead inside her apartment on Monday.
On October 28, at approximately 6:52 p.m., Port Jervis City Police Officers responded to 25 East Main Street, Apartment #2, for a 911 report of an unconscious female who was reportedly bleeding.
Officers responded to the scene with Port Jervis Volunteer Ambulance and located a 32-year-old Port Jervis woman, identified as Heather Aleman deceased inside the apartment.
Based upon circumstances and information encountered at the scene, officers sealed off the apartment as a potential crime scene for forensic processing. The apartment is one of 8 apartments located in a 3-story building.
An autopsy is being performed by the Office of the Orange County Medical Examiner. No official cause of death has been declared at this time pending laboratory results.
At this time, the apartment is still under the control of the Port Jervis Police Department and is being treated as a potential crime scene. Police are allowing residents only to access their respective apartments at the premise and expect to release the scene shortly later today.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie