One Found Dead in Burning Vehicle Near Hudson Valley School
One person was found dead after a car became fully engulfed in flames near a Hudson Valley school.
On Thursday, the City of Newburgh Police Department received a call about a vehicle fire on North Street near the Powell Avenue intersection.
Upon police arrival, the City of Newburgh Fire Department was attempting to put out a vehicle fire. The vehicle, a Chevy Suburban, was fully engulfed in flames.
According to police, the Chevy was traveling east on North Street when it crashed into the back of a dump truck that was stopped at the red traffic light at North Street and Powell Avenue.
Once the fire department was able to put out the fire, the driver was found dead inside, police say. The medical examiner was called to the scene and will determine the cause of death. The identity of the deceased driver is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The accident is still being investigated.
- Hudson Valley Man Who May Have Killed Wife Served Divorce Papers
- 'Once-in-a-Lifetime Event' Planned For Legoland Hudson Valley
- 3 From Hudson Valley Added to NYS Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- 'Breakthrough' Discovery: Fish Found in 'Fishless' New York Lake
- Forecasters Predict 'Stormy,' Active Winter Season For New York
- Repeat Hudson Valley Sex Offender Sexually Abused 19-Month Old
- Sneak Peek At Legally Haunted Lower Hudson Valley Home
- 3 Accused of Stealing 22 Pounds of Hemp From Hudson Valley Farm