Hudson Valley Man Killed, 2 Seriously Injured in Wrong-Way Crash
A Hudson Valley man is dead and two were seriously injured following a wrong-way crash.
New York State Police are investigating a fatal crash that occurred on Tuesday around 10:15 p.m. on Route 17 in Sullivan County.
Troopers responded to a two-car motor vehicle accident on State Route 17 at exit 103 in the town of Thompson.
An investigation indicates that a 2015 Toyota, driven by Patrick Collins, 50, of Pennsylvania, drove the wrong way in the westbound lane and hit a 2002 Honda which was traveling in the right direction, police say.
The driver of the Honda, 33-year-old Luis Diaz of Monticello, was pronounced dead on the scene. His passenger, 27-year-old Cynthia Acevedo of Monticello, and Collins were airlifted to the Westchester Medical Center with undisclosed injuries.
State Police are continuing their investigation. Anyone who has information on the accident is asked to contact New York State Police Wurtsboro at 845-888-2681.
- Venomous Snake Found Near Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Sexually Abused Child
- Parts of I-84 Closed Down After Tractor-trailer Rollover, 2 Hurt
- Feds: Uber Driver Kidnaps, Fondles Hudson Valley Woman
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead