Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Murder, Again
For the second time a Hudson Valley man is guilty of murder.
The Putnam County District Attorney’s Office announced the conviction of Anthony Grigoroff for the murder of lifelong Garrison resident John Marcinak. The murder took place in 2008 during an auto garage break-in in Garrison.
“Once again, a Putnam County Jury heard all the evidence, carefully deliberated, and found Anthony Grigoroff guilty of Murder in the Second Degree and two counts of Attempted Burglary in the Second Degree,” Putnam County District Attorney Robert Tendy said in a press release. “We can only hope this conviction will bring justice for John and peace to his family and friends.”
Grigoroff’s original sentence was overturned. Recently in Putnam County Court, a jury of six women and six men unanimously found Grigoroff guilty of murder.
Grigoroff was originally sentenced to 25 years to life in prison. He again faces another 25 year to life in prison when sentenced in September.
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Upstate New York
- 600 Positions Available At New Hudson Valley Casino, Free Training Offered
- Police: Number of People Overdose in Hudson Valley Motel in Front of Child
- Contagious Disease is Spreading in the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Rabid Fox Attacks Woman in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley