How Many Sunny Days does New York Have Every Year?
It feels like we haven't felt the sun in days here in the Hudson Valley.
I think we could all agree that it's been a rough introduction to Spring. Summer is about a month away, but with the rain and cooler temperatures it has felt more like November than May.
Hopefully that's all behind us now.
With that being said, I came across a website that has determined how many sunny days we actually get here in the great state of New York.
Unfortunately it isn't specific to the Hudson Valley, but it does show us data from NYC, Rochester and Buffalo. So we'll say we're somewhere in between.
According to Current Results Weather and Science Facts, New York averages 2535 sunny hours in a year and averages at 107 clear days. The site says they calculated hours of sunshine averages from 1961 to 1990.
Here's to more clear, sunny days in the Hudson Valley.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash